• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalog restore

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PC crashed and so purchased a replacement.  I used my Catalog saved on an external drive to restore on the new PC.  It seemed to be successful UNTIL I found  many pictures now have the wrong captions and the wrong keywords attached to them.  I have some 21,000 pics in the Catalog and to go through each one will take a lot of time (that I don't have).  Is there another way to get out of this?  PLEASE, PLEASE.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Hemel+Brian  wrote

My PC crashed and so purchased a replacement.  I used my Catalog saved on an external drive to restore on the new PC.  It seemed to be successful UNTIL I found  many pictures now have the wrong captions and the wrong keywords attached to them.  I have some 21,000 pics in the Catalog and to go through each one will take a lot of time (that I don't have).  Is there another way to get out of this?  PLEASE, PLEASE.

If the captions have been applied only from the organizer in a given catalog, they will all be recovered from the converted catalog. If captions have been added to the files outside the organizer, or even from a different catalog, the converted catalog may not have been updated from the captions added externally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Michel again.  Thanks for the reply and I confirm all captions and keywords were applied using PSE Organiser.  I can also confirm that many of the pics I have checked now have the wrong keywords and captions.  Any other ideas please?  And thank you for your time looking at this query.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Hemel+Brian  wrote

Hello Michel again.  Thanks for the reply and I confirm all captions and keywords were applied using PSE Organiser.  I can also confirm that many of the pics I have checked now have the wrong keywords and captions.  Any other ideas please?  And thank you for your time looking at this query.

Can you confirm that you did a 'restore' from a previous 'full backup' of the organizer in the same organnizer version?

If so, there has been no 'catalog conversion'.

- the files themselves have been renamed and copied to the backup folder, and copied back and renamed in the destination location. No change at all in the process.

- the database file, catalog.psexxdb is also renamed to catalog.buc and back after restore. No change at all in the database for the files information.

To check:

- compare the keywords and captions data in the IPTC section on the Information panel to the info about the files shown in the organizer

- you can even find the renamed file in the backup folder by its date and size. It still has the original metadata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines