• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalogs 13 to 2019

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just bought Elements 2019, have been a user of 13 since start and currently have 3 catalogs - one general, one for daughter`s photos (she doesn`t like people prying) and one for scans of old analog photos. I wish to keep them in separate catalogs but how do I import into 2019? Load each catalog and then import, or will it do all 3 in one go, and still keep them separate? The other alternative is to leave 2 of them on 13, and just import the general photos. I was happy with 13 but it will not import jpeg photos from my daughter`s Samsung Galaxy 10 until I have converted them to Tiffs. 13 doesn`t like the RAW photos from my Sony A68 either but that was solved by DNG. Hoping for an easy solution

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you install PSE2019, it asks you if you want to convert the currently selectec catalog to the new format. You want to convert it, but you also want to convert each of the two remaining catalogs. That is done from the menu File >> Manage catalog, button 'convert'.

Your old catalogs are renamed but still recognized by PSE13, and a new version with the same name as before is created for the new catalog format.

No problem for your raw files in PSE2019.

For your Galaxy 10, could you give more details? You can't import (download), you can't import (reference in the catalog) or you can't edit the special jpeg format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, 2019 now installed and with 3 catalogs, BUT in main catalog all stacked files have been unstacked, and tags have disappeared. With 111,000+ photos I do not want to have to manually have to go through and re stack and re tag them all. Any ideas?

Re galaxy 10 photos these are ones sent to me via Whatsapp, and as far as I can recall come up as grey boxes with a zigzag line across and top right corner folded over, and a statement that "SOFn, DQT or DHT JPEG marker missing before JPEG SOS marker". Converting to Tiff via MS Paint (open file in Paint then save as Tiff) fixes it. I just tried in 2019 with the same result.Overall I am not happy and am considering uninstalling 2019 and going back to 13, which accepts the A68 jpegs without any problem and which require minimal editing anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem over, I have decided that 2019 is not sufficient an upgrade and have gone back to 13. I can live without RAW conversion of my A68 photos, the Jpeg are good enough for me, and the problem with the Galaxy photos is known and MS Paint conversion to Tiff or Jpeg is an adequate solution. Losing my stacks and tags was the final straw.

Program deactivated and uninstalled and on its way back to Amazon.

thank you MichelBParis for your assistance,

john

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only explanation for the missing stacks (or version sets and albums) is that you did not convert the catalog. If you missed the suggested conversion at the 2019 installation stage, you could always do a manual conversion like with the two others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines