• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalogue all merged into one folder

New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what I did, but my entire catalogue merged into a single folder and I don't know how to revert.  I didnt' want 11,505 items in one folder.  Lost in Kansas

TOPICS
Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are talking about the List view of the Folders Panel.  If you click on the "hamburger" button next to the My Folders text, it will open a menu and you should choose the View as Tree.  If this is not your problem, we need more details and preferably a screen shot.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.05.28_20h06m36s_000_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg,  I appreciate your response.  The folders are still there.  All of the photos have been merged into a single folder, for clarification I mean the windows system folders. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you saying that if you go to Windows File Explorer (assuming you use Windows), all of your media files (jpg's, mp4's etc) are now in a single folder but that previous to importing them into a new Organizer catalog they were in multiple folders? If you created a new catalog and followed the import instructions when importing the media, Organizer wouldn't change the location of the media. However if you skipped the import after creating the new catalog, and then used the import options, there is an option to copy files on import. I've never used that option but it sounds like it would copy not cut and paste. If that is the case, I would guess that you now have 2 copies of your media - the original media in their original locations and the copies, which is what Organizer is pointing to.

Have you looked in Windows File Explorer to see if the media are still in their original locations as well as copies in the single folder you are looking at from EO? Can you give us a screen shot if the Windows File Explorer view of the single media folder and its contents? Also, do you have a backup of your media folders prior to import? 

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines