• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change keyword sub-category to category - NOT WORKING

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I loaded PSE 2021 yesterday (moved from 2015). I wanted to change some keywords from sub-category to category. This worked fine for about 6 changes - now it  does not. The dialogue box has the "change to category option". The Ok button appears to work - but nothing happens. Any ideas, please?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeremy

This appears to be a bug in Adobe Photoshop Elements Organizer 2021 and has been reported previously.

@MichelBParis has come up with a workaround that you might want to try:

Old organizer bug: promote a subcategory to a cate... - Adobe Support Community - 11861394

Hopefully Adobe will address this issue soon, but let us know how you get on with the workaround.

It appears to work fine on my system, but as @MichelBParis says - make sure you've backed up your catalog structure so you can always "undo" any mistakes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Phil. One of the reasons I "upgraded" from 2015 was because this problem happened in that version too... I hoped the latest version would solve the issue. It seems this bug is several years old! I will give Michel's suggestion a try. Thank you  for letting me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines