Highlighted

Changing categories / moving multiple elements keywords

Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two rather long lists of  keyword tags in two different categories in elements organizer 2019. It is beginning to get clumsy searching for keywords to apply to an image and I would like to combine these lists into one alphabetically sorted category. Is there a way to either change or move multiple keywords at one time. I can drag and drop one at a time from on ecategory to the other and can select one keyword and change the category, but as soon as I select multiple keywords, all changing and moving options appear to be grayed out or non-existent. It will be quite difficult to move each one at a time. hopefully there is a method I have not found yet.  Any suggestions would be helpful. thanks

TOPICS
How to, Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Changing categories / moving multiple elements keywords

Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two rather long lists of  keyword tags in two different categories in elements organizer 2019. It is beginning to get clumsy searching for keywords to apply to an image and I would like to combine these lists into one alphabetically sorted category. Is there a way to either change or move multiple keywords at one time. I can drag and drop one at a time from on ecategory to the other and can select one keyword and change the category, but as soon as I select multiple keywords, all changing and moving options appear to be grayed out or non-existent. It will be quite difficult to move each one at a time. hopefully there is a method I have not found yet.  Any suggestions would be helpful. thanks

TOPICS
How to, Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 17, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can select individual tags by Ctrl or shift clicking on their name (not on their checkbox), then drag and drop to a new category.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as my message said, I can do that, but since each list is 100+ keywords long, I would like to select all of them, which I can do, and either move to other category or just change the category. Is there a way to do that and if not is there a keyword file or database someplace that can be edited? Pretty short sighted of developers if they didn’t think there would be a need to work with multiple keywords.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2019 0
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you didn't understand Michel's post.  You can select all of the tags in Category A by selecting the first one in the list and Shift-clicking the last one.  With all of the tags selected, you can move them to Category B by clicking and dragging the selected tags. 

As Michel says, don't select the checkbox - only select the text of the tag.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Greg, but Michael’s reply clearly says “individual” tags. I can move one at a time with no problem, however when more than one is selected, you cannot move them either through a menu item or by dragging and dropping. When I select multiple tags and attempt to drag the, I get a “red X “ and when I release them, they return to original location. Perhaps not doing it correctly, but I cannot figure it out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2019 0
Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you be more specific about where you are trying to move tags from and to.  You cannot move keyword tags to a "system" tag like People.  The only other possibility I can think of for your inability to move tags is that you are trying to move a tag category to a sub-category or vice versa.  I haven't tested out this theory but if you post a screenshot of your hierarchy it may help us figure out what the problem is.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2019 0
Mrbeags LATEST
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two categories. One is a list and it is titled “Imported” and is a list of keyword tags created in an earlier version. I have another list under a category titled “other” (created as a list to be assigned to a category later). I want to create a new category to combine these two lists. I am able to change sorting method to “manual” and move individual keyword tags to a different category. I am NOT able to select more than one keyword tag to move a group to a new category. I can highlight them, but when I attempt to drag them to new category, I get a red ‘X’ and will not allow me to do it. There is no menu to change category if I right click on the selected list. As far as I know, there are no subcategories. Just two lists of keywords I created and now want to combine and reorganize. About as clear as I can explain it. Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2019 0