• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

chanhe direction for Hebrew text

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, How can I change the text direction in PS Elements so that I could write in Hebrew (from right to left)? 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is not with my Hebrew keybod which works well. The issue is in PS Elements. When I'm trying to add text in Hebrew it puts the characters from left to write (like in English) while in Hebrew and Arabic we write (and read) from right to left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that PSE has provision for Character Direction.

Can you pruduce the Hebrew text in WORD and copy/paste same into PSE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Unfortunately, Adobe Photoshop Elements does not include the ability to change text direction.

One way around this might be to install a freeware app like LangOver which enables you to reverse any text by hitting the F6 key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Langover. It works with MS Word but it DOES NOT work with PS Elements. It's hard for me to believe that a respctful company like Adobe will leave all users in the middle east without a proper solution for writing from Right to Left. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that!

Looks like Langover is a bit hit-and-miss when it comes to reversing text direction - I couldn't get that feature to work in Notepad or WordPad either 😞

You might want to consider looking at Adobe Photoshop CC which has a Middle Eastern version:

Language versions available for Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So who is going to be my champion. PS Elements exist many years . I find it hard to believe that PS Elements has no solution for Right to Left text. Who can tell me what to do????????????????????????????????/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it in full PHOTOSHOP:

Arabic and Hebrew type in Photoshop (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this Adobe Template to edit and create Arabic text:

windows

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=4107

mac

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=4106

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded  and installed the Arabic extension you sent me. Unfortunately it didn't help😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not answer whether you can copy and paste from a text editor to Photoshop Elements.  ISTR that I tried this with a Hebrew keyboard years ago and it may not have worked.  But don't rely upon my memory. 

In any event, the specifications for Elements only support 10 languages for Windows (and only 4 for Mac). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to copy Hebrew text from MS Word and paste it into PS Elements. it did NOT work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your operating system language is not Hebrew, you changed the keyboard input languge to Hebrew when typing in photoshop elements?

What happens when you type in the psd as it says in the included directions?

What version of photoshop elements and operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, it can be that my OS is not Hebrew but I can type in Hebrew with no probelm is all other applications.

My PS Elements version is 2021. Botto, line: No solution as of yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

font2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see your text backwords

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You changed the keyboard input to Hebrew before using the Adobe Template?

What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course I used the keyboard to Hebrew. It just didn't help.

I'm using Windows 8 OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is it. I'm using Adobe Photoshop Elements for the last 20 years. I recently purchased the newest version of Photoshop Elements 2021 and was sure it supports  middle eastern languages (Hebrew, Arabic) but to my huge surprise there is none. I entered this forum to try and get a solution to my problem but to no avail. 

This message is to ADOBE people. I tried to approach Adobe technical support several times but all I got was a BOT that didn't give any logic answers. SHAME ON YOU! SHAME ON YOU! 

If you do not solve my problem in the next couple of days I'll have no choice but to approach Abhay Parasnis@Adobe directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry the things we have suggested here on the forum don't seem to be working for you, however, these are just workarounds, since photoshop elements itself has no provisions for the proper use of middle eastern type.

In order to be able to use middle eastern text properly one needs photoshop, the full version that is included in a creative cloud subscription.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/arabic-hebrew.html

You could also file a feature request over here to add the middle eastern type controls to photoshop elements.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but I cannot accept that a respectful company like Adobe doesn't support its product in foreign languages.

I purchased this product and paid full price for it. Your suggestion to purchase Photoshop SW in order to have support in Hebrew is not acceptable. All major tech companies have long support to tens of languages including Middle Eastern. Please provide a working solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but I cannot accept that a respectful company like Adobe doesn't support its product in foreign languages.

I purchased this product and paid full price for it. Your suggestion to purchase Photoshop SW in order to have support in Hebrew is not acceptable. All major tech companies have long support to tens of languages including Middle Eastern. Please provide a working solution!

By @sol0D4C

@sol0D4C 

You don't realize that you are NOT speaking to Adobe in this user to user forum.

You have been given the link to tell Adobe your frustration in the feedback forum.

Anyway, you may feel better by insulting them, but they won't care. They don't owe you any new feature you may think necessary for you. They offer other solutions you are not willing to pay. You are free to go to the competitors. Or to use some workarounds provided by fellow users.

The Elements software is 20 years old. It has always been mainly a tool for photographers, not a text processor. As such, it has always been able to incorporate images of text created by dedicated text apps. Like all photo editors, Elements provides a limited set of the hundreds of languages around the world. What makes you think that will change by yelling in the wrong forum?

So, please respect your fellow users and the forum rules about decent language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michael,
I'm deeply sorry if I hurt any forum members. This wasn't of course my intention. I was under the impression that some of the people that responded to my request were Adobe people. At least they acted like this but since I'm new to this forum I do not know the rules and who is who.

If this is not the case, I'll appreciate it if you can let me know how can I approach the top management of Adobe. I cannot accept them charging $100 for their software (model 2021 not 20 years old version) and then ignoring requests for very reasonable support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@sol0D4C 

First, thank you for recognizing you are here in what Adobe calls a 'community'. In this social media era, the concept of forums, especially 'support from users' forums is less and less understood. Most of the exchanges come from a user having a particular issue and expecting an immediate answer from experts. They only come once and disappear. However, many of those who have been helped in the forum, come here without posting to find answers to many questions arising necessarily in the editing and organizing process. They find that they learn more and otherwise than reading the docs. They progressively become 'experts' and venture to help other members. The more they do it, the more they learn by teaching. The result is indeed a kind of 'community'. In the case of Elements, which is driven by a special team in India, we get sometimes direct help from Adobe Help Staff members: this is clearly mentionned under their avatar. In this discussion, you have had only answers and suggestions by fellow users, all volunteers.

How to reach direct contacts with really influent top managers? Probably the only way would be from social media. I can't help you there, I am too old-fashioned to use them. Search for Facebook and the like for Adobe groups... and good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines