• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clean images using clone stamp

Contributor ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be easily able to clone stamp damaged images in PSE9 - it seems impossible in 2019 ver. In dummy terms what the hell do I do to clone an area into another. I used alt/click to select background, but it does not work

TOPICS
Performance , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Do you have more than one layer in the image?  (I assume that you are clicking when you are over the target area.)  Are you seeing the image overlay of the source area?

Without knowing more, all I can suggest is that you reset the tool.  At the far right of the Tool Options panel, there is a "hamburger" dropdown icon that allows you to reset the tool.

Ashampoo_Snap_2019.12.27_22h30m26s_007_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What tool options are selected? 

The tool still works with an Alt+Click of the source.  The only major change has been the Clone Overlay option which allows you to see exactly what the source will look like when placed over the target.  You can adjust the opacity and change how the tool behaves by clicking on the Clone Overlay button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in expert, and select clone stamp. place cursor on area to be copied, alt and left click on area then move to target and nothing!! I get a preview then nothing pastes into area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have more than one layer in the image?  (I assume that you are clicking when you are over the target area.)  Are you seeing the image overlay of the source area?

Without knowing more, all I can suggest is that you reset the tool.  At the far right of the Tool Options panel, there is a "hamburger" dropdown icon that allows you to reset the tool.

Ashampoo_Snap_2019.12.27_22h30m26s_007_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is quite strange. I reset as you suggested and it seemed to work. Now the image wont stay still??? It slides over itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Forget my last. I unticked 'clone overlay' and it began working properly. Many thanks for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines