• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cleanup Facial Analysis JSON Files

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyone to delete unnecsarry JSON files in the FaceAnalysis\json folder?  I currently have 1237 files with 1078 photos.  The folder grows in files but, even if I delete un-wanted faces, it never shrinks.

494 of those files are only 1k.  Would it be safe to delete those?

What is the worst case senerio if a valid file is delete?  Complete Corruption or just the loss a reconized face?

Thanks

Charles

TOPICS
Actions , Organizer , Performance , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Any people stacks will be lost in organizer.

This really seems to be a "make work for myself" sort of deal to me.    Why even be concerend with such a minute detail? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spell check hit.  Should read "Is there anyway to delete......."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any people stacks will be lost in organizer.

This really seems to be a "make work for myself" sort of deal to me.    Why even be concerend with such a minute detail? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glenn,

Thanks for letting me know that the json files are people stacks and not photos.  I was really expecting someone to respond with just "why would you want to".

The main reason I asked was because I was curious as to figure out what was going on in that folder.  It did not make sense to me that I can add ten photos but the number of files stayed the same.  Likewise, I could not understand why I could delete ten faces without any change.

Adobe does a poor job of housekeepiing and is a pig when it comes to spreading their file folders and registry.  From time to time I add photos like school class photos.  I really don't care to identify all 30 kids so I "make work for myself" and remove all the "add name" tags.  Obviously, Adobe Elements does not remove the files it created from that mess so now I have a lot of uncesscary files.

BTW:  I also periodically delete all the files in my tempoaray folders.

Thanks again for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I delete temp files all the time---- lots of times when I'm trying to "break photoshop elements"--  like having 10 items open all at the same time, and each item has over 100 layers-  the program will freeze up- and typically when that happens the scratch disc info does not get automatically deleted- so sometimes I end up with a bunch of temp files that are over 2 GB in size- those gotta go- normally scratch disk stuff gets deleted when you close PSE--- normally.    

I also don't hesitate to just reach over and turn the computer off with the power button if something wrong is going on - which is generally my fault anyway.   A few days ago I shut down all adobe background processes just to see what would happen--  These processes incuded the "phone home one" that verifies your copy of PSE is valid- and I've had no problems so for. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines