• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clearing selected tags

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to clear all selected tags in Photoshop Elements 2020?  At times I've selected a tag in a subcatagory and close the catagory before clearing the tag.  When  I select another tag for a different search I get not photos displayed because the two selected tags (one intentional and one not cleared) do not have any common photographs.  It is a frustrating to have to go through all catagories and sub catagories to find the tag I forgot to clear.

TOPICS
How to , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finding a given tag within a complex keyword hierarchy is indeed tricky. When you want to add a tag to a selection of images, it's easy in the keyword input section in the bottom right: you type the first letters and you choose among the proposals. I don't know a similar assisted search for finding a keyword in a complex tree of tags.

The advanced search (magnifying glass top right) will easily find all items tagged with that keyword. You can get 'back' to the browsing screen, select all selected files, right click and choose 'Remove keyword tags from selected items'. The problem is that you now have an 'orphaned' keyword which is not used.

I would like an option to globally select and remove unused keywords from a list. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines