Highlighted

Clone and Healing Brush Tools

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have Photoshop Elements 2018.  Most of the time when I use the clone or healing brush tools, it leaves circles or leaves a smudging look on the photo.  Can someone tell me why and what I am doing wrong? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Clone and Healing Brush Tools

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have Photoshop Elements 2018.  Most of the time when I use the clone or healing brush tools, it leaves circles or leaves a smudging look on the photo.  Can someone tell me why and what I am doing wrong? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 05, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop Elements from Photoshop

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2019 0
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raggsydoll  wrote

On the clone tool's option bar, check "aligned,", opacity=100%, Mode:Normal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried that and it doesn't make any difference.  😞 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep trying different ways with both tools and nothing looks right.  I have had this issue many times before as well.  If you look at the boy in the back on the right.  You can see where I keep trying to fix the forehead. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Black and white Riley and Varins after.jpgBlack and white Riley and Varins.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2019 0
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not encounter a problem with the clone stamp tool, using a small cursor.

I fixed the boy's forehead and touched up the forehead of the lad in front as well.

Black+and+white+Riley+and+Varins+after_2.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much 🙂

Although, I can see a definitive difference between the right side and the left side where the cursor tool was used on the boy in the back.  It looks blurred and smudgy.  I thought the tools helped to make it look "normal".  That is the look I am getting when I try to fix it.  The boy in front looks really nice. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2019 0
hatstead LATEST
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The enemy of good is perfection.

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2019 0