• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Collage

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I had the od Adobe Photoshop some 10 years ago or more, it was very simple to create a new blank page, open images alongside, resize etc and drag them into place. Now I have Premium an d it is all so complicated   - I cannot get all the photos up at the same time, I have to use create, I cannot seem to use image resize, I get a PSE file , have to export it, create a Jpeg and with considerable luck get what I want.

Am I just being thick?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

In Editor, Expert tab go to File>new>blank file and create the canvas to size of your paper stock.

In order to populate the canvas, I go to File>place and serially point to each picture file, then invoke the place command. Do this for each file. You can resize and drag into position to suit.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Editor, Expert tab go to File>new>blank file and create the canvas to size of your paper stock.

In order to populate the canvas, I go to File>place and serially point to each picture file, then invoke the place command. Do this for each file. You can resize and drag into position to suit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that you are being thick.  The new Collage Editor has some limitations in workflow.  However, as hatstead has indicated, you can create a collage the old way. 

robinrorie said:

I cannot get all the photos up at the same time

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Perhaps you are referring to floating documents, which allow you to view multiple images in the main workspace at one time.  In order to use this option, go to Edit>Preferences>General tab in the Editor and check the box to Allow Floating Document in Expert Mode.  You can then click and drag layers from one image to another.

In addition to hatstead's method, if you are using the Organizer as your media library, you can select your collage photos in the grid and open them in the main Editor.  (Ctrl+I is the keyboard shortcut).  This will place your photos in the Editor's photo bin.

In the Editor, you create a new file with your desired collage dimensions.  Then click and drag images from the photo bin to the collage document.  Each image can then be resized and positioned as you wish.  The advantage of this method is that the layers of the collage become smart objects and can be resized and positioned multiple times without losing any resolution.  (The File>Place method also creates smart object layers.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me and is as near as the old method as I can perhjaps hope to get. I will improve as I learn to prepare the images further before placing them.

Many thanks for your time and advice.

Robin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the advice. For whatever reason, nothing actualy happened following that procedure but maybe I was not opening the files correctly. But I am grateful for your time.

I managed a collage using Greg_S method   - took a while but that does not matter!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines