• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors changing when pasting within same document?

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a hard time figuring out what exactly is happening here. At one point, I noticed some of the sprites I was working on were a slightly lighter shade than what was copied from the same document.

The pencil used was 100% opacity. The layers were all 100% opacity. Anti-Alias was disabled. I've ended up with a color index of 80+ while sampling from only 15 or so colors. I can't think of any reason why they'd be changing like this.

In this related example, these silhouettes of copied sprites were left on the background, like they were burned into it. A copy with a pink back is included to show the difference, since it's kinda hard to see. Does anyone have any idea what's causing this? I'm using Photoshop Elements 13.

shading bug.png

[ moved to Photoshop Eements by moderator ]

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm starting to think it has something to do with the color profiles. Trying to copy and paste between Paint and Photoshop causes a lot of additional colors to appear, regardless of the profile I'm using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines