• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer locking up after running Organizer 2020

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently puchased Elements 2020 to upgrade from 2018. Install and catalogue updates went well. Organizer appeared to be running fine and I was gettiing some of my 35K+ photos organized. I walked away to take a break for about 10 minutes and came back to a frozen computer at which point I had to do a hard shutdown and restart. This happened several times and finally I contacted my computer support provider thinking that something must be wrong with the computer and never gave Elements a thought as being the problem since everything had gone so well and it had been working fine. To make a LONG story short, after two days of remote log-ins, multiple tests of every feasable aspect of troubleshooting, the problem re-appeared. I launched Microsoft's Task Manager and watched as I allowed the keyboard remain idle. I watched as the Media Analysis moved higher and higher on the list of resouces used until it froze up. I then went into Edit>preferences>Media Analysis and disabled them except for face analysis for photos. 

All seems to be well now. No more computer freezing. 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Creative , Organizer , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Les,

I noticed a similar problem when I installed PSE 2020 on my Windows 10 PC, but I don't have NEAR as many photos as you have. The Media Analysis function is a real resource hog. I've got an Intel i9-9900K CPU with 8 cores and 32 GB of mem. It only took a few hours on my PC. Have you considered letting it run overnight to see if it finishes?

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines