Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Continuing with PE 11 on Mac Catalina

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like PE 11.

I only use it for photo editing, and it does all I want.

NOW I want to upgrade my Mac to Catalina ...... will PE 11 still run as normal ?

I still have the original disc, but haven't run it for years, so it may not work.

If I MUST upgrade PE, what changes will I see in Photo Editing ? Is there a list somewhere ?

Advice please.

Nigel

TOPICS
Download and install , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

I'm not a Mac user so can't give you a definitive answer about installing Elements 11 on Catalina.  The problem is the installer.  ISTR that a workaround was posted by an Adobe staff member, but I can't find it right now (and several users had problems with it).  So, your best bet is to upgrade to 2020.

As for new features, you can see the latest features here, and a comparison of the last few versions here.  There really have been a number of major improvements since version 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Catalina only runs 64 bit software and since pse 11 is 32 bit software it definitely won't work on macOS 10.15 Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a Mac user so can't give you a definitive answer about installing Elements 11 on Catalina.  The problem is the installer.  ISTR that a workaround was posted by an Adobe staff member, but I can't find it right now (and several users had problems with it).  So, your best bet is to upgrade to 2020.

As for new features, you can see the latest features here, and a comparison of the last few versions here.  There really have been a number of major improvements since version 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Greg - just what I wanted to know !

Snapper24

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina only runs 64 bit software and since pse 11 is 32 bit software it definitely won't work on macOS 10.15 Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jeff.

Just what I needed to know to move on.

Snapper24

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines