• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert old Album 2.0 PSA File to Format PSE 14 can use

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old PSA file, created from Album 2.0, that I need to convert to something PSE 14 can use.  Based on prior experience and this webpage - https://helpx.adobe.com/elements-organizer/kb/convert-organizer-catalog-elements-13-64.html#main-par... - I need to first convert the PSA file through PSE 13.  Note that when I try to convert through PSE 14, I get an error message:  "Catalog Conversion failed.  Try repairing the catalog with the original software that created it and retry the conversion.  Please refer to the Help article 'Catalog Conversion Errors' for more details."  Searching for that article supports the premise that I need PSE 13 to make the conversion, but the links I find to download PSE 13 are obsolete.  How can I get a trial version of PSE 13 to make the conversion, so that I can use my file in PSE 14?

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the KB you mention, you have to download the conversion utility which is still available.

That utility will convert your psa catalog to a version 13 catalog folder.

Then from your ulterior PSE version, you launch a conversion from that catalog folder.

Last time I tested it, that worked with .psa catalogs from versions 4 and 5 (before the switch from Access to sqlite databases).

Edit:

I just tested it successfully for an old V5 psa catalog with my current PSE2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much appreciated.  Could you point me to where the conversion utility can be obtained? Scratch that, downloading it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to convert the new .pse13db file through Manage Catalogs in PSE 14, it does not find the catalog.  I navigate to the folder where the file is sitting, but it does not show the file as an option to select.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no easily available "trial version" of Elements 13 available.  You may be able to find a copy on eBay but the prices I have seen are almost as much as a new version of Elements 2020.

How many photo files do you have?  Your best bet is to simply import them into a new PSE 14 catalog.

Added:  I was cross-posting with Michel.  Hopefully, his solution will work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  But it is 3 decades worth of photos with extensive notations stored in that catalog.  Is there a way to import into PSE 14 with the tags and notations other than via converting the catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pretty sure you don't need to use a trial version of PSE13.

The conversion job means converting an Access database into a new catalog format with Sqlite database. The conversion utility you can download will convert to the PSE13 catalog format. Any ulterior catalog version is able to convert from the PSE13 format.

The KB text should be updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried converting an old Version 5 catalog using the converter mentioned in the article.  After the conversion, I then used Elements 2019 to convert the converted catalog to that version.  Although, I received an error message similar to the one mentioned by Amyz in the original post, I found a catalog with a "temp 1" suffix in the name and it opened successfully, complete with tags!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

amyz said:
I navigate to the folder where the file is sitting, but it does not show the file as an option to select.

You don't select the file. You need to select the folder that contains the file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines