• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert PSE 5.0 to PSE 12

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to convert PSE 5.0 to PSE 12. Have both programs but can't find the catalog to convert. PSE 5.0 Organizer indicates MyCatalog.psa, but I cannot find it on my computer. Other than copying all files onto DVDs and copying to PSE 12, can I use PSE 12 Catalog Manager Convert tab? or Import from Files & Folders (will this put the photos into the Catalog)? Not sure where to go from here. After doing that, I want to send to another new computer.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

To answer your questions:

I am using Windows 10

PSE 5 and PSE 12 are on the same computer (I'll move to new computer after I've converted)

I finally found the file location under Help>System Info. I couldn't find that file in Windows Explorer, so I ran a search. The location finally came up in my search. Clicking on that brought me back to PSE 5. So I went back to PSE 12, clicked on File, Manage Catalogs, Convert, and found "My Catalog [current}". Clicked Convert, was asked to rename My Catalog, so

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of windows are you using?

Are pse 5 and pse 12 on different computers?

In the pse 5 Organizer under Edit>System Info that lists the location of your catalog.

Just copy that location, press Win key +R (run dialog) paste the location and click Ok

or

In the pse 12 Organizer when you go to File>Manage Catalogs>Convert, your pse 5 catalog is not listed?

more info:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/backup-restore-move-catalog-photoshop.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/common-catalog-issues-upgrade-elements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To answer your questions:

I am using Windows 10

PSE 5 and PSE 12 are on the same computer (I'll move to new computer after I've converted)

I finally found the file location under Help>System Info. I couldn't find that file in Windows Explorer, so I ran a search. The location finally came up in my search. Clicking on that brought me back to PSE 5. So I went back to PSE 12, clicked on File, Manage Catalogs, Convert, and found "My Catalog [current}". Clicked Convert, was asked to rename My Catalog, so I changed it to "My Catalog 12", clicked Convert, and it worked in no time!

THANKS!! I think I'm ok now and ready to learn the new Photoshop 12 version and use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Photoshop Elements​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines