• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me how I convert an IMG or any other type of photo to a jpg?  Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked up IMG on Google and as I expected, it says that it is an abbreviation for image. So I looked further, and found this:

IMG File Format: Extract IMG Files - Corel’s WinZip

See if this works for you, Please report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are different types of cameras (Canon, Apple...) which name their images starting with "IMG_...".
For instance, photos from my Canon 20D have files named "IMG_0050.jpg" or "IMG_0050.CR2". Only the right part of the file name is significant to know the file format. For me, those ending with .CR2 are 'raw' files, not image files. They must be converted to an image file such as jpeg or psd, tiff, png... That is done by the Camera raw (ACR) module of Elements.

The raw format is specific to your camera model.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/faq-will-photoshop-elements-work-with-my-camera-or...

Is that your question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is very helpful, thank you very much.  But doesn't actually solve my problem.  Thank you anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jenniebi 

That is very helpful, thank you very much. But doesn't actually solve my problem. Thank you anyway.

And your problem is?

We don't know if:

- it's a problem with a Canon raw format (files with a .CR2 or .CR3) format

- if the camera raw format of your camera precise model is supported

- if you can open and edit the raw format of your files but want to batch convert those files to jpg

- or ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think we need a bit more information to answer your question.

What camera are you using? 

Approximately how old is it?

What version of Elements do you have?

Please provide a couple of examples of the file names you are working with, such as  IMG_11111.CR2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines