• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy graphics from older version of Elements

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to copy some of the graphics from Elements 9 to 20. I found the ones I wanted in C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\9.0\Photo Creations\graphics

and copied the .metadata.xml, pdf, and .jpg files to C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\18.0\Photo Creations\graphics, but they do not show up in the graphics portion of Elements 20.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try restarting the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but that didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\18.0 and delete the ThumbDatabase.db3

Then go to C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\18.0\Locale\en_US and delete the MediaDatabase.db3

Start the photoshop elements 2020 editor and wait for the Effects/Content Database to rebuild, which could take several minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. I tried that, but no joy. There must be a way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any other thoughts? It doesn't seem like it should be that hard. It's not a big thing, but I make all of the cards we send to the grandkids and have used some graphics in each one that are not in Elements 20. For the last card, I had to make it in Elements 9, but I would like to remove that from the computer if I can retain the graphics.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines