Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Correct Photo Anomaly

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

21 Zoe.jpg

Notice the hatching over this lovely woman's face and over her right shoulder. This is a photo of a photo and I think this anomaly is from a table top photo album. I have tried using correcting skin blemishes and it does not work in this case. I'm relatively new to Photoshop [Elements 15]: only a couple of years. I'm getting a fairly good handle on it, but I don't know where to start with this, and can't seem to find a tutorial that will help with this. In fact I don't even know what term to use to search for help. Can someone point me the right direction, please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PSE plug-in which might be able able to remove the hatching.

However, it works best on pictures scanned at 600 DPI or greater. It would not work at all on your picture (72 DPI).

Would you be able to scan at least 600 and upload it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oooo! Unfortunately, the woman in the photo sent it to me as a .jpg file. If I'm going to ask her to re-scan it at 600pdi, I'll just ask her to either retake that photo or send me different one. I'm creating a PowerPoint montage for a stage show. She particularly likes this photo and wants me to use it. The photos I received from my other subjects are crisp and clear, and I just want to do really great quality work on this project. I'm going to hit her up for another one to replace this photo, but if she REALLY wants me to use this one, I just will. I have a ton of work to do for this show and I don't have time to mess around with trying to fix this photo. From what I've seen in other tutorials for correcting complections, it looks like a multi-step process, and I don't have time to try to learn that. That said, I'm going to look for this plug-in you mentioned. Thank you so much for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plug-in can be downloaded from
Sattva Descreen plug-in for Adobe Photoshop

There is both free version and paid version. I have the free.

As I said, it might fix your problem but no guarantee. So if you can get the 600 or higher scan (jpg is sufficient) I can run Descreen and if it works send it to you either via this forum or Dropbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using an FFT plugin gives this result.

(Fourier Transform)

Unfortunately there is not really an FFT plugin that works well in photoshop elements 64 bit without the help of some other add-ons.

I didn't do any sharpening or anything else but use the FFT filter, since you might have specific preferences for that.

21+Zoe.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, where can we find your FFT plug-in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WHOA! Gnarly, dude! You're a wizard... or that FFT is! So yeah, where can we find this FFT... whatever that is. With that, I'm going to present this picture to her and see if she wants me to put it back into my PowerPoint. Thanks, dude. You're the hero of my day... so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines