• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupt PSE13 catalog

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PSE13 in which the catalog does not show thumbnails for the videos it contains, and therefore cannot be run from the catalog. Also I cannot import new videos into the catalog. I have also tried optimising, repairing and trashing the cache yet the problem remains. So I assume it’s a corrupt catalog. Premier Elements edit does work when the video is imported from file explorer.

Next step was to back up and restore the catalog to and from an external hard drive. The problem remains.

I then created a new test catalog to see if I could import videos into the this new test one which it does. Video is displayed and can be run from the test catalog. So it is not a program fault but a catalog fault which I cannot repair.

I have a Win10 (x64) PCand my catalog contains 30000+ items and several hundred tags which means producing a complete new catalog is not an option.

Help!

TOPICS
How to , Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say which is the video format nor if you have set your organizer preferences to update video thumbnails.

On the other hand, the video or photo files are not included in the catalog, so there is no reason NOT to create and use a new catalog. The catalog itself has a negligible size compared to the video size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Michael,

the video format I want to include are both .mov and .mp4 files and both file types are in the catalog at the moment (for which the thumbnails are not present) and are those I also wish to import. Preferences were already set to update video thumbnails.

i don’t wish to have a separate catalog for videos as need them with all the jpegs I have (I have videos and photos taken on the same day).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines