• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not complete the Save (and Save As) command because there is not enough memory (RAM)

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm suddenly getting this message whenever I try to Save or Save As, although there is plenty of memory on my laptop. I'm using Photoshop Elements 14. This problem has only occurred today, since installing  a big Windows update - I don't know if there is any connection.

Please can someone help a not-very-tech-minded person? Many thanks for any suggestions you can offer to rectify this.

Anne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is a bug in the latest windows update 1803.

Follow the instructions here to correct it:

Error: An integer between 50 and 8 is required | Elements | Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am 71 years old and do not understand how to get to Error: An integer between 50 and 8 is required | Elements | Windows 10.  I understand what an integer is-(it's a number); I understand what "Elements" are-(they're how I Photoshop my pictures); I understand what Windows 10 is-(it's what runs my computer). 

But I clicked the error message, and I don't understand any of it.  If it is apparently a MS (Widows 10) mistake why aren't THEY fixing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

primefilm  wrote

why aren't THEY fixing it?

That is a good question.

Did you ask them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm nearly as old as you, primefilm, and I've done it - age is no excuse!  

Don't overthink it, just ignore the blurb at the top of the page, start at "Solution" and work through it step by step. It correct the error - and you can do it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It took me 4 years to find this and it worked.
I tried this a few years ago and must have screwed it up.
The only problem was after creating the "Key" - DWORD (32-bit) Value
Rather than: 

"In the right pane, name the new key as OverridePhysicalMemoryMB and press Enter. "
vvvvvvvv
I would have been clearer to me, if the line read:

In the right pane, rename the new key "DWORD (32-bit) Value" as "OverridePhysicalMemoryMB" and press Enter

I was looking where the to put "OverridePhysicalMemoryMB", realizing it was replacing "DWORD (32-bit) Value"
Other than that thank you very much !!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG..........it worked.  Thank you Jeff.  Got to say I was a little nervous editing the registry....but your instructions were spot on.  The only part that messed me up was where to find the size of the memory and then how to convert that to mb's.  If it helps anyone else, to find the size of your memory right click on the windows sign then go to System then About.  That will tell you the number of GB of your installed RAM.  Once you have that number multiply by 1024 and you're good to go.  Thanks again, Jeff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wha-hey! It worked! Thank you so much.

x x x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines