• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Couldn't save as PNG in PE19

Participant ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldlnt' save my .png file as a png file or mabye it did save it, but the asterisk was still there as if it hadn't been saved, so I Googled around and found this 'save as web' workaround but that of course changed the res to 72. (It was at 300.) Then I finally Xed out of the screen and when I did it asked me yet again if I wanted to save it. I did and it saved.

All I can think of is I converted and .eps to .svg in Zamzar converter. https://www.zamzar.com/ Maybe that did it?

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely your png was saved, but since pngs don't support layers, photoshop elements saves it as a copy which doesn't support all image edits like layers, so you will still have the asterisk showing. If you were to flatten the png before saving or save the png as a psd then the asterisk will disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. If the .png is flattened and I then enter it into a psd, the the png (its layer) will still be able to be manipulated (using the transform tool, reducing image size etc), right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to flatten the png to save it as a psd.

But yes a flattened png can still be transformed, etc and also turned back into a regular layer by double clicking on the thumnail in the layers panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Jeff. And I tested it and the png didn't look saved (asterisk still there) but when I closed it and re-opened it it was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines