Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CR3 cannot be imported

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the Canon EOS R6 and work with the file format CR3.
As software I use Photoshop Elements 2020 with "Camera RAW 12.0".
My problem is, the file format CR3 is not imported.
CR3 should be supported from "Camera RAW 12.4". Is there a corresponding update ?

With the software for "Camera RAW 12.4" which I found in the Adope portal, I could not fix the problem.

And Unfortunately I have not yet found a solution in this forum

Best regards

Oliver

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Oliver,

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 shipped with Camera Raw 11.3 and then was updated to Camera Raw 12.0 in November 2019. This is the last available version of Camera Raw for Photoshop Elements 2020.

You can download the Adobe DNG Converter to convert your CR3 files into DNG files before importing them into Photoshop Elements 2020:

Adobe Digital Negative Converter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I have the Canon EOS R6 and work with the file format CR3.

By @defaultreiapwdiv52f
Oliver,
The misconception is that CR3 is not a file format. It's a Canon family of raw files formats, each individual camera model having its own specific format, different from that of all previous models.
The exception is from camera (or phones) manufacturers who chose to use the  open DNG raw format made available by Adobe.
That means that all software developpers have to wait to be able to discover the specifics of any new camera raw file before producing a converter. If Canon and other major manufacturers did use the DNG format natively, we would not have to quote the number one faq each time a users buys the latest camera model.

Another annoying situation for us, poor Elements users, is that Adobe does not want to offer the full version of Photoshop to the 'consumer' product. That is understandable, but that also takes time to create the simple version. Worse, there are fewer updates for the ACR update (if any) for the current PSE version and none for older versions. Fortunately, you have the free Adobe DNG converter as soon as the ACR version for the new camera is available for Photoshop. By the way, don't waste your time to donwload the full ACR version of Photoshop:  it will not work with Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines