• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.CR3 files imported in photoshop elements 17 (2019) have a wrong time stamp Windows 10

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 17 (2019) got an update late in 2019 to recognize Canon .CR3 files. 

However when I import .CR3 raw files, Elements Organizer shows the picture with a time stamp that is 1 hour earlier than the correct time. .JPG files of the same camera show the correct time in Organizer.

.CR2 files (of older camera's) are imported with the correct time. I use a Canon RP software ver 1.4.

The .CR3 files in windows file explorer show the correct time.

I have Photoshop Elements 17 installed on 2 Windows 10 PC's and they both make the same time error.

How can this be corrected, or is it a known bug?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Could you please have a look at this community thread and let us know if it helps? https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/canon-raw-cr3-update-for-elemenst-2019/td-p/101435...

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

Unfortunately not, the threads you mention only addresses the fact that initially .CR3 files were not supported by Elements 2019, but as I wrote already (probably later than 5 Nov 2019) an update was issued by Adobe that automatically installed ACR 11.4 which supports .CR3 files from the newer Canon cameras, indeed it recognises them and I can edit them with Elements Camera Raw 11.4 of Photoshop Elements but my problem is that the time stamp of the .CR3 files are 1 hour earlier than the corresponding .JPG files which have the correct time stamp (I normally shoot simultaneously .JPG+.CR3 in my camera's).

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sahil,

I read in one of the other Canon threads regarding CR3 problems (not working for Canon EOS 90D) that another Adobe community proferssional (99jon) remarked that Camera Raw 11.4 has some bugs and is therefore skipped for updating Elements 2020 from version 11.3, instead it is updated to camera raw version 12.0.

My Elements version 2019 has now camera raw version 11.4.0.273, could this cause my problems with the error in time for the CR3 files? If so, are there plans to issue ver 12.0 for Elements 2019?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines