Highlighted

CR3 files will not open

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use photoshop element 2019 and it will not open my Canon CR3 files from a R6 model. Any solutions?

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CR3 files will not open

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use photoshop element 2019 and it will not open my Canon CR3 files from a R6 model. Any solutions?

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Canon R6 requires Adobe Camera Raw 12.4.  Elements 2019 does not support that version.  There is a possible workaround that you can find here.  However, I suspect that it will not work with Elements 2019.  I have tried the workaround using ACR 13, but that will not work in Elements 2021.  Because there have been major changes in the ACR since Elements 2019, I doubt whether ACR 12.4 will work with Elements 2019.  (It does work with Elements 2021.) Please report back if it works for you.

Otherwise, the standard solution is to use the free Adobe DNG converter which will batch convert your raw files to the DNG format which will work in Elements 2019.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info.
I guess there is no sense to upgrade to Photoshop Elements 2021 then. If I can’t open my files.
Dennis
Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
Greg_S. LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if I was unclear.  ACR 12.4 does work with Elements 2021, using the workaround I posted.  You can check it out for yourself by downloading the free trial of 2021.  If you decide to go this route, make sure you download ACR 12.4 and not any later version (currently 13.0).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0