• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashes when trying to create Elements 2020 Organizer Backup Catalog

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently using Elements 2020 on my Mac Mojave 10.14.6. I have used Elements for decades. Prior to 2020 I was running 2015, which I have uninstalled. Every time I try to create a total Backup Catalog on an external drive it prepares the files and then I get the pinwheel and eventually the program crashes and generates a report. My most current Catalog backup on this drive was last month. I wonder if upgrading from Sierra to Mojave has created the problem? I even reinstalled Elements 2020 with the same results. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Mac , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe forums.

Could you please confirm if you are able to take backup of any other catalog? Also, if possible please share the system details and catalog size with which you are facing this issue.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wanted to let you know that I was able to backup my Catalog when I used a third drive that I reformated.  I have not figured out why my previous attempts failed even though those attempts to backup my Catalog were on 2 separate external drives that had previous BU's on them from the same Catalog. I am not concerned with that and will move on. Thank you for your attention and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines