Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashes

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...

I bought Adobe Photoshop element from Amazon on line. I am done installed, after I am open one time to try, I can't open anymore because of crashes. 

I am use Window 10 on my laptop.

please help !

[Moved from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to open the Welcome Screen? Which program crashes - the editor or the organizer?  Are you getting any error messages?  If so, please post a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We understand this would’ve been a frustrating experience for you, so please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had to face.

Please let us know what all third party plugins are installed on your system. Also, please perform the following steps and let us know if this resolves the issue:

1. Quit the application
  2. Navigate to “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2020”
  3. Locate the ‘Plug-Ins’ folder and prefix ~ before its name (i.e. rename the folder to ~Plug-Ins)
  4. Launch the application

Feel free to reach out to me if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I installed Photoshop Elements Ok. When I click photo Editor it attempts to open but instantly closes. I did have PS2014 installed on the system once. After uninstalling all Adobe products and deleted Adobe folders and removed Adobe from the registry I get the same results. I renamed the Photoshop Elements 2020 as mentioned above. Today is Monday May 18th and I purchased the product over the weekend. This is a brand new install.

Thank you,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines