Create Drag and Drop Templates

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create some drag and drop templates in my past and cannot remember how I did the boxes and what I used.  All I have to do is drop a photo into them, I do not need to use a clipping mask.  Can someone refresh my memory on how to do this in PSE? I can only find tutorials of how to use already created drag and drop templates.

TOPICS
How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The key here are clipping masks. 

Just drag the images from the photo bin onto your canvas- they will look messy, but dont worry about it.

The max number of photos in a pre made template is 8 (the ones included in the program-- I've found it easier to make my own with clipping masks. 

Drage your images one at at time to the layer abouve whatever shape you want them to appear in. 2021-06-08_155305.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a better image of the stacking:   Repeat after me: IMAGE ABOVE SHAPE. Get it stacked properly, make your clipping masks, then make it look purty. 

2021-04-21_033731.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a little effort to make it shine.

2021-04-23_052126.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I did NOT use clipping masks.  I use those for other templates, but the document I show, I did not use clipping masks.  There was a new drag and drop feature to make them.  I just can't seem to find it anymore.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Other designers talk about new pocket templates that they sell that have drag and drop boxes with NO clipping mask needed, but they do not tell you how they made them.  Somehow I figured it out back then.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To refresh your memory, you probably used some simple frames to create the templates.

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.06.09_01h25m52s_001_.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines