• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Multiple Digital Scrapbook Pages - Viewable Outside PSE

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I would like to create a digital scrapbook with multiple pages which can then be combined and viewed outside of PSE (2020).  Is this within the scope of the program?  I know I can create unlimited single pages but don't know anything about the combine and view outside the program part.  If this isn't possible in PSE where should I look to be able to do this? I'm not interested in printing the digital book and don't want to create it in an online service.  Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Hi  @niagara94 

Yes you can create a multi-page scrapbook in PSE. In Photobook themes dialog, you can specify the number of pages at the bottom or you can later add new pages to photobook from Pages right panel.

Please use this help guide to know more: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop-elements/using/making-photo-projects.html#Createphotobooks

You can save this creation in PDF format and can view it outside PSE.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  @niagara94 

Yes you can create a multi-page scrapbook in PSE. In Photobook themes dialog, you can specify the number of pages at the bottom or you can later add new pages to photobook from Pages right panel.

Please use this help guide to know more: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop-elements/using/making-photo-projects.html#Createphotobooks

You can save this creation in PDF format and can view it outside PSE.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Thank you so much!  I appreciate you taking time to help me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I had a couple more questions.  I do want to create a multi-page scrapbook but I want to create the project from start and set the resolution and use layers and choose my own background and add all the elements myself.  Is there a way to do that?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes you can create the photobook from the scratch yourself.

Switch to Advanced mode (at top left) to access Layers panel at the bottom right. In advanced mode, you will also find variety of backgrounds in Graphics panel to use in your photobook.

This tutorial can help you more to explore the possibiities: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_OJrGmd0Bo

Note: The shutterfly print options shown in this video are no more avaialble now.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way provided by Elements to create a multipage pdf file from a number of files is in the share by mail option. You can't save or convert a batch of scrapbook or other pages into a single pdf file, but you always can PRINT such a pdf file, which has the same effect.

You must have a pdf virtual printer installed. There are many free available and Windows automatically provides its 'Microsoft print to pdf' driver.

Your workflow from the organizer:

- Make an album of your selected files and set the sort option to 'custom'. Sort according to your preferences.

- Use the export to new files command with the option to set the right image size and to rename with a starting name plus order number. You may optimize the export for printing (no change size) or in your case, probably for viewing on a standard HD screen for smaller file size.

- Select the exported files (they should be in the right sort order)

- Use the print command and select the virtual printer 'Microsoft Print to pdf' or you own pdf driver.

- Be cautious to note where you decide to store the resulting multipage pdf.

- The resulting pdf will be best shared by sending a link to an online sharing site like Dropbox, or in the PSE2021 version by saving the multipage pdf 'on the cloud' and sending a link to your friends/family.

Sorry, that does not work with pdfs for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both for your replies and your help.  I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner.  I didn't receive an email notifying me of your response.  Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines