• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Shapes Presets 2020

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched and searched and I am coming up with nothing.

Do you install csh files the same way as always in 2020 Elements?
When I go to my presets, to install all my shapes custom shapes is not there.
I recently upgraded from version 11 and none of my custom stuff moved over.
None of my styles, effects, etc.  and I figured that's to be expected, given the huge

jump in versions. (Maybe not, but I've been okay having to add my stuff to the presets)

but I cannot figure out how to add my shapes and after trying to figure this out for so long,
I'm wondering if something is missing and the preset should be there and isn't.

Thank you so much, in advance. I pride myself on being able to figure things out myself and being able to find answers, fairly quickly...(and I find I learn a lot when I'm searching for a solution to a problem) I am just stumped this time. lol

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure where csh's were stored in v11 (or v2020) but they're right here in v2019. 

• On Windows: Open Windows File Explorer. Choose your C drive, then Program Files  > Adobe > Photoshop Elements xx [your version number] > Presets > Custom Shapes.
  • On Mac, go to Applications > Adobe Photoshop Elements xx [your version number] > Support files* > Presets > Custom Shapes. [*You may or may not have the Support files folder. If not, just look for Presets].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding! Yes, that's where they are typically at, so that's the first place I looked. Custom Shapes is not there. Brushes, styles, PAT, gradients....but not custom shapes. It's making me crazy and why I finally asked here, because I have a feeling, for some reason, they are just completely missing and they shouldn't be (obviously! lol).  Thanks again for taking the time to answer, I really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone smarter than me will likely have a happier answer for you if you'll keep an eye out.  In the mean time you might try a search for .csh and discover 2020's mysterious default location that way.     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another location to add custom shapes is in

/Users/User Name/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop Elements 18/Presets/Custom Shapes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines