Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Darkening a Digital Signature

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I've recently started using the latest version of Adobe Photoshop Elements.  I've figured out how to isolate my digital signature and add it to pictures and whatnot, but what I can't figure out for the life of me is how to darken it, make is a solid color, or change the color.  It looks very grainy, even when I've adjusted the contrast.  If someone has the patience to put up with my ignorance, I would love a little help.  Thanks so much in advance.

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

1. I am asasuming that the signature is free of the background and surrounded by transparency. You can "darken" it by duplicating the layer several times , and setting the layer blending mode to "darken." Then, flatten the layers.

2. To change the color, press CTRL+ left click on the layer thumbnail (not the name)

Open a solid color adjustment layer above the signature layer and select the new color.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a sample of it:

attachment.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I am asasuming that the signature is free of the background and surrounded by transparency. You can "darken" it by duplicating the layer several times , and setting the layer blending mode to "darken." Then, flatten the layers.

2. To change the color, press CTRL+ left click on the layer thumbnail (not the name)

Open a solid color adjustment layer above the signature layer and select the new color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry, I still do not follow, How do I ""darken" it by duplicating the layer several times , and setting the layer blending mode to "darken." Then, flatten the layers." as you have stated? Can you shopw me step by step instructions? I do not see a  menu for for "layer blending mode" in Adobe?  Do I use Adobe DC Pro or just the Adobe?

merely darken my signature without changing the default black color? My wet signature was orginally done with too thin ballpen.  Instead of redoing my signature all over again with a thicker pen and then scanning it I wish to merely darken the digital signature by formaating it. It is against a transparent background. Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thia an old thread!

Just to confirm, are you using Photoshop Elements? Which version? Are you in Editor>Expert tab?

Have the Layers palette open, go to Layer menu & execute the command to duplicate, or, right click on a Layer in the palette to duplicate.

In the palette where the layer(s) are displayed, you should see a drop-down menu (default is "normal"). Click on this to see the options available for your purpose. There is also an Opacity determinant which defaults to 100%. Set yours to 100%

To flatten layers, go to the Layer menu>Flatten Image.

Note that PSE is not a text editor with robust formating capability. If you need to add the signature to multiple photofiles, I recommend that you create a copyright brush which can be applied with a click. If this appeals to you, I will be pleased to furnish directions.

This may help as you work with  PSE:

Welcome to the Photoshop Elements User Guide (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines