• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete Adobe LaunchAgents?

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've decided to uninstall PSE 15 because I plan to buy PSE 19 via the Apple App Store.

However, I've noticed that I've still got com.adobe.GC.AGM.plist and com.adobe.GC.invoker-1.0.plist in my LaunchAgents. My questions are as follows:

1. Do these belong to Adobe, or are they malware?
  2. If they do belong to Adobe, can I delete them?
  3. If 'yes', how?

FYI, no Adobe programs are currently installed on my iMac so I can't see why I'd need them anymore. The reason I'd like to remove these .plists is because I think they might be slowing my computer down.

Many thanks for any advice anyone can give!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A  plist doesn't slow anything down, it's just a text file. Though it might start an app which slows things down. Similarly it can't be malware BUT it could run malware. Are any agents actually starting up, shown in Activity Monitor?

Chances are you don't need them, but just move the plist files somewhere safe to see if everything still runs OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines