• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete pictures from catalog as well as from hard drive?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

I just upgraded to PSE 2020 and was hoping this issue was solved since I already encountered in in PSE16.

My problem: My pictures (not the catalog) are stored on a NAS. The NAS is mapped to a drive letter. I can import pictures from there and they are displayed in the catalog. After importing I want to delete some of the pictures. When pressing the "Del" Button I am only offered to have the pictures removed from the catalog. For the pictures which are stored on the local hard drive I can also choose to have that picture deleted from the hard drive. With pictures stored on the NAS I am not offered to also have them deleted on the NAS. Nowadays storing pictures on a NAS should not be uncommon and deleting pictures is a standard workflow....

Any ideas how can I delete the pictures from the PSE and at the same time from the NAS? Of course I could manually delete the pictures on the NAS using Windows Explorer and afterwards "repair" the catalog again. But that shdould not be the intended way from my point of view...

Thanks for your help in advance!

PS: OS is Windows 10.

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Organizer , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious: can you 'move' a file from the NAS to a standard drive from the organizer ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your system connected to NAS at the time of performing delete operation? 'Also delete from harddisk' is not shown when the media has got disconnected from the network.

Also, request you to check if you are able to delete files from NAS, from outside of Elements Organizer, i.e accessibility is not limited to 'Read-only'

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hallo,

thank you very much for your replys. I was on a business trip and only now got the chance to test your suggestions. 

@Somya_Agarwal: The nas is connected and I do have read and write permissions. I am able to move and also delete files with MS Explorer. I just created a new album, using MS explorer copied one picture onto the nas and tried to delete immidiatly afterwards without ending restarting PSE nor the computer. And the result is as displayed in the picture below... 

Any ideas greatly appreciated,,,

Delete_Picture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines