• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleted and reinstalled Photoshop elements 2020

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It runs real slow. Also, I can't figure out how to stop grids from appearing on new pictures I open.

Also, the Organizer wont load. It says " we have detected and abnormal exit. All I want to do is put a few pictures in there I do not want it to catalog all my photos.

Thanks

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It runs real slow.

What does - the Editor or the Organizer?  What OS are you using?  If you have recently added many photos to the Organizer's catalog, the slowdown may be caused by Media Analysis.  You can turn this off under Edit>Preferences>Media Analysis to see if it makes a difference.

Also, I can't figure out how to stop grids from appearing on new pictures I open.

If you are talking about the Editor, you can turn off the grid using the View menu (or Ctrl+' will toggle them on/off).

Also, the Organizer wont load. It says " we have detected and abnormal exit.

Normally, you are given the option to continue.  If that doesn't work, hold down the Shift key when you are launching the Organizer and it will bring you to the Manage Catalogs dialog.  Try selecting the catalog from there, or if necessary, repair and optimize the catalog.

All I want to do is put a few pictures in there I do not want it to catalog all my photos.

Not sure what you mean here.  You can delete all Watched Folders under the File>Watch folders menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply, 

Adobe Community Professional , 

It runs real slow.

What does - the Editor or the Organizer?  What OS are you using?  If you have recently added many photos to the Organizer's catalog, the slowdown may be caused by Media Analysis.  You can turn this off under Edit>Preferences>Media Analysis to see if it makes a difference.

The Editor runs slow. I cannot open the Organizer to see it it runs slow. I am running Catalina. The progam was running pretty well for months. Then it started putting those grids on. And when I went to load picture in organizer it added about 25,000.  I couldn't find a way to batch delete them so I deleted the program and started over. 

Also, I can't figure out how to stop grids from appearing on new pictures I open.

If you are talking about the Editor, you can turn off the grid using the View menu (or Ctrl+' will toggle them on/off).

I know how to turn them off, I don't want them there if the first place. It just recently started showing those grids.

Also, the Organizer wont load. It says " we have detected and abnormal exit.

Normally, you are given the option to continue.  If that doesn't work, hold down the Shift key when you are launching the Organizer and it will bring you to the Manage Catalogs dialog.  Try selecting the catalog from there, or if necessary, repair and optimize the catalog.

Way to confusing. I just want the damn thing to open.

All I want to do is put a few pictures in there I do not want it to catalog all my photos.

Not sure what you mean here.  You can delete all Watched Folders under the File>Watch folders menu. 

I can't get to that menu if it wont open. This program is a major time wasting pain in the ass. I am about ready to deleted it and go back to the 2017 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines