Highlighted

Deleting folders from PSE Orgainzer 2019

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  After much trouble installing PSE 2019, it proceeded to import a massive number of folders from my HD and my cloud account.  The problem however, it that this massive import included all of my 1500 or so music CD folders as well as a number of other non-photo folders.  Since then I have spent hours (and hours) deleting non-photo folders one at a time.  According to the Adobe chat helpline there is no way to select and delete multiple folders in PSE Organizer. (one can select multiple files, but not folders.)  In other words Control + select or Shift + Select do not work at the folder level.

Given this situation, can anyone suggest a workaround to delete the remaining 1,000 or so irrelevant folders from Organizer without selecting one folder at a time, (right click, select delete and OK). 

Thanks, 

Drowning in mouse clicks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Greg_S. | Adobe Community Professional

You can select all music files by toggling all photo, video, and projects files off.  Go to the View>Media menu and uncheck everything except audio.

Snap10_2019.07.08_20h18m29s_002_.png

Select all the audio files (Ctrl+A) and hit the delete key.  (Don't check the box to delete the files from the hard drive - you only want to remove them from the catalog.)

Once the files have been deleted from the catalog, the folders containing them will also disappear from the Folders panel.

By my count this should take about 7 mouse clicks/key strokes - less if you use only keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+1, 2 and 4).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Deleting folders from PSE Orgainzer 2019

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  After much trouble installing PSE 2019, it proceeded to import a massive number of folders from my HD and my cloud account.  The problem however, it that this massive import included all of my 1500 or so music CD folders as well as a number of other non-photo folders.  Since then I have spent hours (and hours) deleting non-photo folders one at a time.  According to the Adobe chat helpline there is no way to select and delete multiple folders in PSE Organizer. (one can select multiple files, but not folders.)  In other words Control + select or Shift + Select do not work at the folder level.

Given this situation, can anyone suggest a workaround to delete the remaining 1,000 or so irrelevant folders from Organizer without selecting one folder at a time, (right click, select delete and OK). 

Thanks, 

Drowning in mouse clicks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Greg_S. | Adobe Community Professional

You can select all music files by toggling all photo, video, and projects files off.  Go to the View>Media menu and uncheck everything except audio.

Select all the audio files (Ctrl+A) and hit the delete key.  (Don't check the box to delete the files from the hard drive - you only want to remove them from the catalog.)

Once the files have been deleted from the catalog, the folders containing them will also disappear from the Folders panel.

By my count this should take about 7 mouse clicks/key strokes - less if you use only keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+1, 2 and 4).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 08, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

Wow, you just saved my sanity!  Once I unselected the photo, project, and video files, PSE opened up all the sound files in the main window and I was able to select all files and delete.  Strangely, a handful of empty folders were left behind.  At first I thought they might be ones that contained album cover art (jpg.), but that did not turn out to be the case.  I just selected and deleted about 15 or 20 empty music folders.  Problem solved.  Thanks

Jim

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double Reply.  I just went back and re-selected the photo, video and project files and surprise... The left over files are in fact ones that had album art.  Fortunately, iTunes could not find album art for most of my CDs and I had not gone to the trouble of scanning and uploading album art from my CD collection.  Again thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2019 0
Greg_S. LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it worked out for you. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2019 0