• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting organiser catalogue without deleting photos

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Adobe Elements and have been importing folders into organiser but rearranging in windows so have created a mismatch between the two. I want to delete the catalogue and start again but can't figure out how, when I go to manage catalogues I can't seem to find a way. If I try to delete folders in tree or list it won't let me select the missing folders as they have been rearranged.

Any help much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

The original question is not how to delete files from the catalog, it's about deleting a catalog.

There are two ways to do that:

- use the catalog manager. If you have other catalogs, use any of them, highlight the catalog to be deleted and press the 'delete' button.

- locate the catalog folder from the menu Help >> System Info. With the organizer closed, use your Explorer or Finder to delete that catalog folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, empty your recycle bin as a safeguard.

Go to Organizer and select all - Ctl - a.

Delete.   A box will come up asking if you want to delete the actual file as well.  Do NOT tick this, and proceed to delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, you can then upload again by dragging into Organizer, or by FILE - GET PHOTOS - FROM FILES AND FOLDERS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original question is not how to delete files from the catalog, it's about deleting a catalog.

There are two ways to do that:

- use the catalog manager. If you have other catalogs, use any of them, highlight the catalog to be deleted and press the 'delete' button.

- locate the catalog folder from the menu Help >> System Info. With the organizer closed, use your Explorer or Finder to delete that catalog folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for the information. I originally imported my picture file into organizer and it found over 60,000 items when I only have 15k pix. Program was running very slow so I wanted to start over. I could not delete my catalog using the first method, but the second method worked well. I can now import pictures by specific folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines