• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deletion of stacked files

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to delete a stack of files. In the past, PSE (15 on Win10 64 bit) used to ask me whether I wanted to delete the top file only, or the entire stack. For some reason, this behavior has changed: I now have to delete each file in the stack individually. I would like to revert to the previous situation. Any help would be appreciated.
Rik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rik,

I can still delete all or only the top of file with the delete command.

If I want to keep only the top of file and delete all other files, I do use the 'flatten stack' command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might add that my stacked files are not recognized by PSE as being a stack, although there is a stack icon overlay in the top right corner of the thumbnail. If I right-click such a file, both the Stack and the Flatten Stack options are unavailable (greyed out).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In additon: I can't stack separate files toghether either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are in the adaptive view. If so, you need to be in the Details view. Try pressing Ctrl+D. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I am in the Details view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rik,

Few queries:

• Can you please tell what file types you are working on.
  • As you can see Stack icon, is your catalog a converted one? If yes, then from which version to which version.
  • Also, please share the screenshot of media where you are saying, stack icon is visible but Stack options are greyed out in context menu.

Regards,

Nidhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My stupid error! It's not a stack, it's a version set!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not a stupid error.  In this regard, stacks and version sets should act consistently.  They don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines