• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Destination of Image file ex ACR using Saving method DONE

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I processed a jjp image retrieved from a video taken with my Mavic Pro Drone. The file was imported directly into ACR from my desktop.

I always exported the processed file to Elements analog Editor, this time I used DONE and can't find the destination folder.

The manual indicates that by using DONE the file is saved as a NEF into Organizer.

The file was named Untitled.jpg on the desktop. I am using Elements 2018 with Windows 10 and shooting with a Nikon D500.

Can anyone help me with a possible path?

PS I submitted this earlier this evening but it does not appear on the forum.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what the .jpp extension is for...

However, when you open files in the ACR converting plugin and you click 'Done', the resulting edits (the settings of all sliders) are stored:

- for raw files in a small text file with the same name plus the extension .xmp.

- for jpegs (or .psd, .tiff) the metadata header of the original file (where the exif info from the camera are already kept).

'Done' does never create a new image. It only saves your editing recipe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but in which folder does it store the .xmp file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ligennroc  wrote

Thanks but in which folder does it store the .xmp file.

Always in the same folder as the raw photo file it refers to (hence the name 'sidecar' xmp file).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines