• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Details View as the default view?

Explorer ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl+D toggles between an unnamed view (I'll call it General) and a Details View.  While running PSE in the General view, I select the Details View. After that, I close the program. Restarting it, I'm offered the General View again; apparently, PSE doesn't recall my last view preference (Detailed View). For me, this is an new and unwanted behavior. Until recently, PSE used to open in Detail View always. Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Rik Beeftink

PSE 2018 on Windows 10 Home

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my two Win 10 computers, selecting the detailed view (Ctrl D) is sticky on PSE2018 as well as PSE2019 and PSE15.

Did you try resetting the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, forgot to mention: PSE15.

I'm not sure what you meant by "resetting the preferences", but I tried "Restore default settings", which didn't help. Maybe I should add that the Details View isn't my only problem. The navigation pane on the left started to open in List View (until recently, it opened in Tree View). Hesitantly, I'm beginning to consider reinstallation of PSE as an ultimum refugium. Agree?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're suggested to reset your preferences instead. For this, close the application if already running. Launch Elements Organizer and keep Alt+Ctrl+Shift keys pressed while it is launching. Click Yes to the reset preferences dialog that comes.

Now try checking if your grid and panel states are sticky or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reaction. I tried to do what you suggested, but it did not yield any preferences dialog. It simply yielded a normal program start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try deleting them manually from File explorer.

For this, follow these steps:

1. Close the Elements Organizer, if it's already running.

2. Open this location C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Elements Organizer\16.0\Organizer in File explorer.

3. Delete following files:

• psa.prf
  • status.dat

4. Start Elements Organizer and check if the issue resolves.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I did as you suggested, but it didn't help. Maybe I should add another problem (for further diagnosis of this issue). When I close PSE, I'm unable to restart it until I go into Task Manager, locate Elements Organizer under "Background Processes" and use End this Task to kill it. After that, PSE can be restarted. Suggestions would be welcome!

Rik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case, you are suggested to kindly uninstall and reinstall the product. Please ensure to select remove preferences checkbox while uninstalling.

The second issue can be rectified by restarting you machine.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arshla,

I browsed the Adobe website (Dutch), but am unable to find the requested download (yes, I logged in :-).

Rik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I found it. Before I start the uninstall/install procedure, I'm busy to do a Full Backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arshla,

Well, I tried all suggestions. After a full backup, followed by an uninstall (with remove preferences) / install procedure, I still have the following issues:

1. The left-hand navigation window opens in List View (I want a sticky Tree View).

2. The main window is not in the Details view that I want, but in the unnamed (General?) view.

3. The right-hand Keywords/Info window is hidden and has to be opened by clicking the Keyword/Info button.

Obviously, I can resolve all three issues manually once PSE runs, but these three manual actions are not sticky and I have to repeat them over and over again, each time I start PSE.

4. PSE cannot be restarted in a single Windows session once it has run. I have to either kill the Organizer using the Task Manager, or I have to restart my PC entirely.

So, obviously, my question is: do I have options? Or do I have to live with these unwanted features? I realize, of course, that maybe PSE is not the true culprit. Maybe it is something in Windows. But in either case, I certainly would appreciate help!

Rik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's another awkward thing. I deleted the files psa.prf and status.dat and assumed they would be recreated during the next start of PSE. I also performed an uninstall/install of PSE, as mentioned above, After that, the psa.prf and status.dat files are no longer present. It looks as if PSE stores its preferences elsewhere. On the basis of that assumption, I did a global search for psa.prf on my C drive. No luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a few days during wich PSE was used, psa.prf has returned, but status.dat remains absent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After another few days, I recovered the 'old' status.dat from the recycle bin and brought it to its former place alongside psa.prf. PSE seemed to acknowledge and like this, because now everything is as it should be: the abovementioned views are sticky again! Althouigh I'm glad, I don't understand this behavior.

Rik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines