• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Differents between keeping images

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I have worked on a photo in Elements and I want to keep this I can select different options. I always take Basic.
I can choose between Basic, Basic lines and progressive.
What is the differents between those options? What does it mean?
I am just curious of the differents 🙂 

What do you want to do ?

What do you want to do ?
New mailCopy

What do you want to do ?
New mailCopy

What do you want to do ?
New mailCopy

What do you want to do ?
New mailCopy
Always learning, never too old 🙂
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

I presume you're talking about the JPEG Options: Baseline ("Standard"), Baseline Optimized and Progressive.

The JPEG format was introduced at around the same time the first web browsers were being developed. Some of these early web browsers only supported the Baseline version of the JPEG format. All modern browsers support the Baseline Optimized version, which means you can squeeze out a few more KB in file size by choosing that option if you wish.

The third option, Progressive, is a little more

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I presume you're talking about the JPEG Options: Baseline ("Standard"), Baseline Optimized and Progressive.

The JPEG format was introduced at around the same time the first web browsers were being developed. Some of these early web browsers only supported the Baseline version of the JPEG format. All modern browsers support the Baseline Optimized version, which means you can squeeze out a few more KB in file size by choosing that option if you wish.

The third option, Progressive, is a little more interesting... back in the early days of the Web when most people had slow connections, using Progressive JPEGs was a neat way of getting the images to display gradually instead of having to wait for the whole image to load before they were displayed in the browser. Unfortunately, Internet Explorer didn't support Progressive JPEGs for a long time, so their use diminished when people stopped using Netscape Navigator (and connections got faster). They've enjoyed a resurgence in recent years as web developers have had to think about download speeds again, with many people around the world not having particularly fast connections on mobile devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines