Exit

Difficulty updating Photoshop elements 2020 and getting support

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a couple of issues.

I have a paid up copy of Photoshop Elements 2020.

Firstly, I can't update using the autoupdate, I tried contacting adobe chat help previously and they were unable to solve the issue and were unwilling to provide a hard download link to update.

Then they closed the support ticket ADB-11510466-P6P4 without any feedback for why or solving the issue.

I still can't update btw.

And when i try to get into chat help now, i get this error. I don't HAVE an administrator. This is a personal account. Is Adobe trying deliberately to make it hard for me to update a product I paid for then make it hard for me to get proper help??

Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 10.06.54 am.png

TOPICS
Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you launch the Editor and go to the menu:

Help >> System Info

You should see v18 and a string of numbers.

Please copy and paste that information into a reply so that we can see what version is already installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Elements Version: 18.0 (20190827.m.136736) x64

I haven't being able to update once since buying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have an email address that belongs to a company who have said they want exclusive control over support. Best to contact them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's my personal email, what right does anyone have over it??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what your email is (and you must not post it here publicly). So I can only speculate the part after the @ belongs to a company or school who claim exclusive rights. You must contact that company or school, presumably your employer or teacher. Nothing we can do about it here, we are just customers like you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version is Ver. 18(20200120.m.139570)x64 but only the Editor. There have been no updates to Organizer.

Are you using Windows 10 or Mac 10.14/10.15?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS 10.15, thanks. I don't think any of the auto updating bits have worked...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think others have experienced similar problems with updates. Some have fixed it by uninstalling and then re-installing. That seems to then correctly prompt the update. Launch Finder and go to Adobe Installers in utilities, to remove the app.

You could try the lightweight installer from my blog. It will start as a trial after installation but can be activated with your serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I'll give that a try. I just find it so difficult to understand why Adobe makes it so difficult to get any support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a company email the company have REQUIRED you contact them, and forbid Adobe to talk to you because the company control it. So Adobe aren't allowed to give you support. You need to focus on the company. (I notice you have not confirmed whether you have a company-supplied email but we have to assume you said yes).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think i made it very clear. It is NOT a company email. It is my PERSONAL email.

And i have said earlier that this is my PERSONAL email.

It is most definitely NOT a company email.

I will repeat again. It is NOT a company email, it is my PERSONAL email.

New Here , 
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

That's my personal email, what right does anyone have over it??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you re-install and then try the update again? Any change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines