• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dis-Associate files

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THis must be an easy way to Dis-associate file extensions from the list of files that Photoshop Elements 2021 has. Many thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Windows? Associations are managed by Windows.

See Parameters, Applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I am. The problem is now sorted thank you. Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I call this one of my "monkey methods" (it works for me but probably is not the most popular way of doing it: 

Go to your images, sort by file type , right click on one, like the first jpg for example, change what you want to open that type with... scroll down your list of things you can open it with.   You wil be given the option to "Open all these type of files with this other program?"

My second image is not complete- I have about 25 other programs that can open JPG images for example.

2021-02-25_150613.jpg2021-02-25_150654.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Glen. It was so annoying that APE took over my files. As like you I have various other files I work with. Thank so for your time and of course the solution that worked fine. Cheers Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines