• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable jpeg import in Photoshop Elements 15

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Canon EOS600D and photos are taken in both RAW and JPEG formats. When I upload into Elements 15 both formats are loaded and are automatically stacked. As I don't need the JPEG can I just upload the RAW format on its own? I need the JPEG's for loading onto my Google photo app. Many thanks.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Photoshop Elements import both the file formats by default. The jpeg's imported are not actally added duplicates, just linked to the catalog. You can always sort images by "file type" so that you can only see the raw images on top.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that many of us would like a filter at download time to select files, not only video/photo but also by extension (for instance to separate jpegs and raws). Another way to select at import time would be to enable sorting by extension instead of only dates in the advanced view; it would be possible to select a given extension.

Since the downloader can't do that now, your only choice seems to be either to stack or not raw/jpegs. Then everything is imported and if you don't want everything, you have to delete the rest. This is possible by setting the order to 'import batch' and selecting a given extension by advanced search (by metadata). That takes time, and if you have to import again from the same card, the deleted files will be reimported...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Hi there,

Photoshop Elements import both the file formats by default. The jpeg's imported are not actally added duplicates, just linked to the catalog. You can always sort images by "file type" so that you can only see the raw images on top.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Akash"

Where do you find the option to sort by 'file type' ?

You can't do that from the downloader, only for photos or videos.

There is no default sort order by file type (only by date, filename, batch import and 'custom' for albums).

I only see the advanced metadata search by filename.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines