• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do I really need Adobe Creative Cloud?

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe Photoshop elements as my main Photo/Graphics program.  I do not use the Adobe Cloud as I have MS Cloud 1Tb plus Google cloud.   If I try to un-install Adobe Creative Cloud it says it can't be un-installed as it is still reguired by a program that is running!  This morning Creative Cloud on start up was chewing up CPU time.  As I don't use surely I should be able to un-install it and run Adobe Photoshop Elements as a stand alone program. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

@grahamm77 

Have a look at that conversation on anothe forum:

https://photoshopelementsandmore.com/thread/7311/creative-cloud-photoshop-elements-2021

This has also been discussed here in a discussion I can't find now on the present forum. There was a report of successful uninstallation.

I can't test uninstallation easily myself because I have the Creative Cloud myself for Photoshop, Bridge and Lightroom.

What I can say is that the impact of Creative Cloud in terms of disk space, RAM and processo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.  It seems to be more sales tool than useful.  I also tried to uninstall - it took Elements down with it.  So I guess it's integral.

________________________________________________________________________________________ Fuji HS50EXR, Samsung S9+. Nikon Coolpix P950. Just transitioned from PSE and PE 9 to 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am posting this for your reference. I have no experience with it.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to solve installation problems (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tried to un-install it - it said you still have Adobe products that need it!  When I look at the processes running on my CPU there are 10 Processes running.  When I first login one or two of these take up quite a bit of CPU time.  It this I object to that Adobe is taking over or dominating the processing of my CPU.  I don't use creative cloud and I don't want it.  I do want to usse Adobe Photoshop Elements as a Stand Alone App.  Maybe someone from Adobe can tell me why this cloud should dominate my PC.  MS Cloud aka One Drive seems less invasive and more useful to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@grahamm77 

Have a look at that conversation on anothe forum:

https://photoshopelementsandmore.com/thread/7311/creative-cloud-photoshop-elements-2021

This has also been discussed here in a discussion I can't find now on the present forum. There was a report of successful uninstallation.

I can't test uninstallation easily myself because I have the Creative Cloud myself for Photoshop, Bridge and Lightroom.

What I can say is that the impact of Creative Cloud in terms of disk space, RAM and processor usage is totally negligible.

I think you'll learn interesting things by reading the above conversation (includings links).

@gfmucci 

Adobe does not even promote using the 'Creative Cloud', they only comment on the new features accessible with the new PSE version (saving files to share on the Cloud - 2 TB - easier sharing from mail). They don't even take advantage of the feature to explain the advantages of using the free version, like using Bridge free. They almost 'hide' the words 'Creative Cloud' because they know that would arise all sorts of 'conspiracy' theories around PSE. That's a pity, they should be clearer and perhaps change their installation program to allow not using the Crearive Cloud and accepting the lack of the new features. Anyway, uninstalling it would not give you any practical advantage. Simply don't use the above features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Users,

The Creative Cloud desktop app helps power the new Save to Cloud feature that’s being previewed in Photoshop Elements 2021. 

Regards,

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This help doc is accessible if you click on the small 'cloud' icon on the top right of the home screen:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/using/save-to-cloud.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines