• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does the Microsoft store version qualify for an upgrade discount?

Contributor ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gang!

First of all I'd like to go a little offtopic by sharing my admiration for Photoshop Elements. Last weekend I decided that I should get something different that "the other software" I've been using and one thing led to another. I grabbed PSE 2020 from the Microsoft store and I'm very happy with all its features. The Organizer was a bit of a surprise for me but a welcome one at that. I still got a lot to learn for sure, but so far I'm making good progress on the basics. Even managed to draw straight rectangles despite the new "Verdoezelen" (Dutch) option 😉

Now, although I don't see a direct need to upgrade I'm still curious if the version I got from the Microsoft store would qualify for an upgrade discount? Reason I ask should be obvious: I read that you need to have a registration number for the upgrade to authorize and as far as I can tell I don't have that. I have checked my Microsoft receipt which lists an order number but nothing which resembles a serial number.

So now I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on this.

Thanks in advance for any info you could give me!

TOPICS
How to , Praise , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

>>>I'm still curious if the version I got from the Microsoft store would qualify for an upgrade discount?

See this FAQ: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/purchases-win-app-store-faq.html

"Does my purchase of Adobe software through the Windows App Store qualify me for an upgrade discount?"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ShelLuser 

Thanks for reaching out to us. It's a pleasure for us to hear about your learning experience with Photoshop Elements.

The upgrade for apps bought from Microsoft store are subject to their policies. We request you to please check the store for the details.

In case you have bought the application from Adobe website, you can upgrade the previous version of Photoshop Elements to latest version at discounted upgrade price.

See this link: https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

My suggestion for you is to try the free trial version of Photoshop Elements 2021 from https://www.adobe.com/in/products/photoshop-elements/download-trial/try.html .

You would not need to uninstall PSE 2020 to install PSE 2021. The two versions can co-exist on the same system.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, that is strange to hear because I think Microsoft are saying it's your issue.  Other software on the Microsoft store have upgrade options, but not Adobe PSE.

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>I'm still curious if the version I got from the Microsoft store would qualify for an upgrade discount?

See this FAQ: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/purchases-win-app-store-faq.html

"Does my purchase of Adobe software through the Windows App Store qualify me for an upgrade discount?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, but not from the mocrosoft store.   Purchase it from the main adobe site.  During the checkout process there will be a llittle box you check for having a previous version.    Typically, in the U.S. it knows off $20 off the current price.

It's not a upgrade, it's a brand new installation.  Your prrevious version remains untouched.  You will be prompted during the isntallion process about importing your catalogues, just do it.  2021-01-21_163449.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @arshla jindal and @John Waller for your quick answers, very much appreciated!

Although both answers were very helpful I still picked John's because it gave me direct confirmation of what I was looking for. I had already found the download (and purchase) options but was a bit uncertain about the details.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may choose more than one correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines