• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

downloading photos [from Canon Powershot SX540 HS into PSE 2018]

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought a new camera with wi-fi capabilities.  How can I download pictures into Photoshop from this camera?  When I try to use the download from selection, it does not give me an option to select my camera.  If I select from a camera, it does not work.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What model camera?

What version of Photoshop Elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using PSE 2018/  New Canon Power shot SX540 HS.  PSE worked fine with my older camera that was not wi-fi enabled.  I can connect the camera to my computer to download the pictures, I just can't use PSE like before.  It doesn't recignize the camera when it asks for the camera.  Not at all sure of the computer settings as I'm not very computer literate.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Porsche, were you looking to get help in the Ps forum or this Photoshop Elements forum?  I won't be able to assist personally but I'm sure whoever does will need more info.  What is your OS and version, which version of PSE, make/model of your camera, are you dead sure of your network settings, good signal strength, latest firmware and plugins locked and loaded, could computer settings possibly be blocking the connection, wi-fi enabled in camera settings?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You cannot download to the Organizer via wi-fi.  You have to use either a USB cable or a card reader.  You may be able to download to your computer over wi-fi using the software that came with your camera.  If that is the case, you can import the files using Import> From Files and Folders.

If you are connecting via a USB cable and the camera is not seen by the Adobe Photo Downloader, does your OS recognize the camera in Windows File Explorer or the Mac Finder?  (I know nothing about Macs but I assume it operates similarly to Windows in this regard.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines