• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading trial Elements 2020_without using MS Edge Browser

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help. Total newcomer to PS Elements. I wanted to download the trial of Elements 2020.

I created a sign-in using my Google Acct. info.

The message I got was I need to Update my setting - which were to download or use Microsoft Edge Browser.  I have Windows 10 pro-64-bit - everything up to date.  I use an up to date Chrome Browser. I do not under any circumstance want to use MS Edge.

Question please: Is it impossible to download the trial of Elements 2020 without first downloading or up dating MS Edge browser?  Alternatively, how do I get around this requirement.

Thanks in advance for your directions.

ev

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact wording of the message?

I suspect that you just need to update Windows 10.  Updating Windows 10 may install the Edge Browser, but you should be able to set Chrome as your default and use that to download .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I just had a big major Win10 little more than a week ago. I
wouldn't know how to update any further.
That Win-10- update took at least 30 minutes, maybe more to complete.
Open to other suggestions. Appreciate the help.
ev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try setting up Edge and don't use it.

Then open Chrome and make it the default browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Peru Bob. I'll give it a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my edification, what is the downside to the  ? updated Edge browser? I have had the prompt to update to WIN10, v.2004 and have resisted doing it because WIN10 works perfectly, as does Edge as the default browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all for your help.  I don't have the stamina to keep after this to make it work. I tried FireFox. I set-up Edge and didn't use it as my default browser. I tried again in Chrome as my default browser. I then tried Edge as my default browser.

Downloading a piece of trial software should be simple and straight-forward. This is not for me. I'll have to forego using Elements. Thanks again for your help.  I'm not going to try anything else - its not worth the time and energy for me.

Ev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading a piece of trial software should be simple and straight-forward.

Ideally, using a computer should be simple and straight-forward... Do you believe it?

In your case the same issue with installing the Microsoft edge browser would have happened anyway even if you had not try to install a trial version of Elements or to open any other already present program on your computer. It would have happened anyway because Microsoft made it practically unavoidable. The solution is indeed to let the installation proceed and then to forget it and to choose your preferred browser instead. Your issue is totally independent on the installation or the Adobe program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply Michel - 

I didn't say "using" a computer was simple and straight-forward - over the years (I'm no PC expert ) but I have downloaded and installed many, many softwares and never had any difficulty. Never have I been required to update a browser, much less try to make me use a particular browser in order to download software.  Thus, downloading and installing software has always been simple and straight-forward for me. 

Whether its Msft or Adobe - it was an irritant that caused me to pass on giving Elements a trial.  

I tried my best.  

ev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you'll have better luck downloading photoshop 2020 from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/photoshop-elements-downloads.html#previous-version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a paid version of Elements? I don't want to pay for the software before I have a trial. I also wouldn't want to download it if at the end I'm going be asked for payment.  

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a trial version for thirty days and can be made full by entering a serial number if you decide to buy it.

Photoshop elements is perpetual software, not subscription like creative cloud, meaning you don't need to enter any creadit card info before using it as a trial like one has to for a creative cloud trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines