• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and Drop in Photoshop Elements 2019 not working

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop Elements 2019 on a Mac running Catalina. I know there are issues with this version of PSE running Catalina, but up until this week, I have not had any problems when working in the Editor. I am in the Expert version and trying to drag a layer from one creation to a new one, both are the same size, and it will not drop into the new layer. It won't even let me copy or cut that layer to be able to paste into the new document. I do this all the time and it was working perfectly until now. I also noticed that I cannot update PSE 2019. I'm not particulary interested in updating to PSE 2020 at this stage, as it is likely that another new version is soon to be released. Can anyone offer any tips to get this to work?

TOPICS
Mac , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Here is what a Windows only user can advise:

You have your reasons to have chosen Catalina. That means that you are bound to buy an Elements version specially programmed for this OS version, the first of which is PSE2020. If you can't wait for the probable PSE2021 version in about one month, why not download and try now the free 30 days trial version of PSE2020?

Nobody knows for sure if and when a new version will be available (except those who are not allowed to say - under NDA), nobody also kn

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what a Windows only user can advise:

You have your reasons to have chosen Catalina. That means that you are bound to buy an Elements version specially programmed for this OS version, the first of which is PSE2020. If you can't wait for the probable PSE2021 version in about one month, why not download and try now the free 30 days trial version of PSE2020?

Nobody knows for sure if and when a new version will be available (except those who are not allowed to say - under NDA), nobody also knows if Adobe will offer free updates to the new version for those who bought the former version within 30 days of the availability of the new version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't think of that! I'm likely going to upgrade to the latest version which is typically released sometime in the fall, but I'll try the free 2020 version for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having same problem with elements 19 but not elements 12. Also mac user running Big Sur 11.1.

Thanks for any help in advance

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines