• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and Drop photos in PSE Organizer Grid View

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently scanned several hundred old slides. The slides were not grouped in any particular order as they were being scanned - i.e. the scanning timing is not the sort order that I want.

Is there some way I can manually change - permanently - the order in which these slide-photos appear?

I do not want to create folders or albums to do this. I want to be able to manually group the slides (preferably by drag and dropping them) while in a grid view. (I am thinking of a similar function that can be done with slides in PowerPoint.)

If PSE Organizer does not have this function is there a Windows 10 app that does?

I have PSE 2021 installed on a PC desktop, using Windows 10 Home with all the latest updates.

TOPICS
Actions , How to , Organizer , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

The organizer lets you organize your files by 'albums' which are exactly what you want: lists of files which you can sort, either by predefined criteria (filename, date ascending/descending, import batch and 'album' order'.

When you are displaying the files of an album, you select the 'album order' and then, you can drag and move a file or a selected set of files around in the browsing space to sort them manually'.

The other organizer command which lets you 'export as new files' works on your ma

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your photo files (or their segments) are randomly stored on your drive. When you select a sort order in Windows, like in the organizer in tree view or like in an album in custom 'album' sort order, that means that your files are indexed rather than physically sorted (moved) on your drive. The indexing in the Explorer lets you choose many sort orders. Have a look at those criteria in the Explorer, for instance at the dozen or so date sort orders... So there can't be no 'permanent' custom sort order, unless a program saves the list of files you are sorting manually into a 'playlist'. That's what happens with the custom 'album' sort order in the organizer, just like a 'playlist' for video.

If you want to store such a list permanently without such a program (which would act as the album in organizer), your only choice is to create the list and export the files in the list after renaming them with a starting text string followed by a sort order (photo_0001... etc.)

I don't see any external software to be simpler than sorting the files in your organizer album and using the 'export as new file function' with the option to rename like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, to use your language. Does PSE Organizer allow me to create, and save, a playlist of my photos? And if not, is there an app that does?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The organizer lets you organize your files by 'albums' which are exactly what you want: lists of files which you can sort, either by predefined criteria (filename, date ascending/descending, import batch and 'album' order'.

When you are displaying the files of an album, you select the 'album order' and then, you can drag and move a file or a selected set of files around in the browsing space to sort them manually'.

The other organizer command which lets you 'export as new files' works on your manually sorted album and creates renamed copies keeping your own sort order. That is a very common command to prepare files for a slideshow for instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I have not used "albums." So this will allow me to do what I was needing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines