Highlighted

Duplicate files?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PSE 18. In my main Photo directory I have the usual accumulation of jason files, but also lots of other apparently duplicate jpg, raw, mov files. All of these have a file name beginning with B. Are these some sort of backup, and are they  necessary?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Duplicate files?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PSE 18. In my main Photo directory I have the usual accumulation of jason files, but also lots of other apparently duplicate jpg, raw, mov files. All of these have a file name beginning with B. Are these some sort of backup, and are they  necessary?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 03, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

augeydoggy  wrote

Those files beginning with B are typical of a backup folder. Usually those folders are created on an external drive. First look, at the name of the folder and see if it can be a backup made by error on your main drive. A backup folder also contains two important files: catalog.buc and backup.tly. If this is really a backup folder, you should delete it or move it after creating a new full backup on an external drive.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 03, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds good, thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 03, 2019 0